EOSOL ENERGY, S.L. (hereinafter EOSOL) provides you with this data protection policy in order to inform you, in detail, about how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy and the information you provide us with. If we make any changes to this policy in the future, we will notify you via the website or by other means so that you are aware of the new privacy conditions that have been introduced.
In compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, General Data Protection Regulation and Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December, on the Protection of Personal Data and guarantee of digital rights, we inform you of the following:
In accordance with the provisions of the data protection regulations EOSOL ENERGY, S.L. (hereinafter EOSOL) determines as a prerequisite for you to access this website you must be over 14 years. If you are under 14 years of age and have accessed this website, you must not provide us with any information about yourself. The responsibility for the accuracy of this information lies with you. In the event that EOSOL finds that the aforementioned requirement is not met, it has the authority to disregard the request for information submitted. Under no circumstances will data relating to the professional or financial situation or the privacy of other members of the family be collected from the minor without their consent.
2. How is the data controller?
EOSOL ENERGY, S.L., with Tax Identification Code B31963051, with registered address at Calle Camino de Labiano nº 45 A Bajo, 31192, Mutilva (Navarra), telephone: +34 948 326 972 and e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Data protection officer
The Eosol Group company EOS PROJECT MANAGEMENT, S.L.U., as a sign of proactive responsibility, has appointed a Data Protection Officer, who is the person in charge of protecting the fundamental right to the protection of personal data and is responsible for compliance with data protection regulations.
You can contact our Data Protection Delegate at the following address: email@example.com
In accordance with the provisions of art. 37.1 LOPDGDD, you may contact the Data Protection Delegate prior to filing a complaint against us with the Spanish Data Protection Agency, and the Delegate will inform you of the decision adopted in relation to your complaint within a maximum period of two months from receipt of the complaint.
4. What information do we collect about you and about what purpose ?
EOSOL processes personal information, which the user provides directly to us.
In general, we will process identification data (such as name, surname, ID number, telephone number, postal address, e-mail address, nationality, IP address) and professional data.
The user guarantees the authenticity, accuracy and veracity of all the information provided to us, undertaking to keep the personal data updated so that it corresponds, at all times, to their real situation. The user will be solely responsible for any false or inaccurate statements and for any damages that they may cause.
The personal data that you provide within the framework of the provision of our services are obligatory and are the minimum necessary for us to be able to manage the job offers.
The data you provide may be used for one or more of the purposes indicated below, which will be determined by factors such as your relationship with EOSOL or by the means used to send the data. The following is a list of the processing referred to in this policy, without prejudice to the fact that there may be others for which you will be informed or asked for the appropriate authorisation:
- Compliance with legal obligations
It may be necessary to process personal data in order to comply with applicable legal requirements. In particular, in order to comply with data protection, tax, statistical, insurance, etc. legislation.
- Formalisation and execution of the contract
The personal data of the person concerned are processed for the purpose of managing the contractual relationship and complying with the terms of the contract, and our tax obligations, fulfilling, controlling and executing, where appropriate, the service guaranteed in the formalised contract.
The data you provide us with both when you create your account with us and when you create your profile will be processed in order to register you for a job offer and to communicate your data to the job offeror.
The data you send us by filling in any of our contact forms on this website, by e-mail, instant messaging applications or by making a complaint will be used to respond to the request made by electronic means.
- Sending commercial communications by any means in case of additional consent.
If you explicitly consent, your data may be transferred to our partners in order to inform you by any means for promotional and advertising purposes about the services, products or events organised or participated by us..
- Job opportunities
We will process your data for inclusion in our employment exchange. In the event that you register for our job offers, your data will be stored in our employment exchange in order to make you part of the job offers that may fit your profile. We will process your data in order to evaluate and manage your job application.
- Complaints channel
The data provided will be processed in order to respond to your query or, where appropriate, to process your complaint in accordance with our code of ethics and our crime prevention system.
5. How do we obtein your personal data?
We collect your personal information through different means, but you will always be informed at the time of collection by means of informative clauses about the person responsible for the processing, the purpose, as well as the way in which you can exercise your rights regarding data protection.
6. How long will we keep your data?
We only keep your information for the period of time necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, to comply with the legal obligations imposed on us and to meet the possible liabilities that may arise from the fulfilment of the purpose for which the data were collected. Your personal data will be kept for the duration of the legal and/or contractual relationship and, thereafter, provided that you have not exercised your right of deletion, they will be kept taking into account the legal deadlines applicable in each specific case, taking into account the type of data, as well as the purpose of the processing.
With regard to our complaints channel, in accordance with the provisions of art. 24 LOPDGDD, the data of the person making the communication and of the employees and third parties will be kept in the complaints system only for the time necessary to decide whether to initiate an investigation into the facts reported. In any case, three months after the data have been entered, we will delete them from the complaints system, unless the purpose of the storage is to leave evidence of the functioning of the model for the prevention of the commission of crimes by our organisation. Complaints that have not been followed up can only be recorded in anonymised form.
In the event that you exercise your right to suppression and it is appropriate, in compliance with art. 32 LOPDGDDD, the data will be blocked, being available only at the request of the Courts and Tribunals, the Ombudsman’s Office, the Public Prosecutor’s Office or the competent Public Administrations during the period of limitation of any actions that may arise and, once this period has elapsed, they will be completely eliminated.
We process your data in a lawful, loyal, transparent, adequate, relevant, limited, accurate and up-to-date manner. That is why we undertake to take all reasonable measures to ensure that your data is deleted or rectified without delay when it is inaccurate.
7. How is the legitimacy for the processing of your data?
Depending on the relationship we have and therefore the purpose of the processing, the legal basis may be different. Below, we set out the different applicable bases depending on the processing carried out::
- CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP: For the provision of our contracted services.
- LEGITIMATE INTEREST: Among others, for profiling, quality or opinion surveys, maintenance of the website or telephone customer service.
- PUBLIC INTEREST: For the management and investigation that we receive in our complaints channel.
- LEGAL OBLIGATION: For compliance with the obligations established in any other applicable regulations.
- CONSENT: When you provide us with your data through the contact forms on the website, or to send our newsletter. You should know that in those treatments in which you are asked for consent, its non-granting or eventual withdrawal at a later date will not have negative consequences for you..
In the event that third party data is provided, you declare that you have the consent of the owners of such data for the aforementioned communication of data or, where appropriate, that you are their legal representative, exempting EOSOL and the rest of its partners from any liability.
8. What types of data do we process?
The categories of data we process are:
- Contact: identification data (name, surname, email, image, nationality and IP address).
- Contractual fulfilment: Identification data, personal characteristics data, social circumstances data, academic and professional data, employment details data, commercial information data, economic, financial and insurance data, goods and services transaction data, health or disability data.
- Commercial communications-newsletters: identification data (email-phone number).
- Recruitment processes: Identification data, personal characteristics data, social circumstances data, academic and professional data, employment details data (profession, job position, non-financial payroll data, employee history), health data or disabilities.
9. To wich entities will your data be communicated?
In the case of registration for job offers, your data will be transferred to the company that has published the offer you are interested in.
In those cases where, for better management and provision of services, access to data is provided to third parties, EOSOL guarantees the maintenance of confidentiality in the processing of personal data. In any case, these transfers will be duly notified to the user, detailing the identity of the Transferee and the purpose of the transfer.
Your data may be transferred to:
- To the companies in the Eosol group that you can find out about in our “ABOUT US” section.
- Whatsapp Ireland.
- Google Inc.
- Financial entities.
- Tax Consultancy.
- Labour Consultancy.
- General Treasury of the Social Security.
- Labour Inspectorate.
- National Employment Institute.
- Competent Tax Administration.
- Entity entrusted with the management of occupational hazards.
- Entity entrusted with the management of the Fundae for the training of workers.
- Insurance companies.
10. What are your rights when you provided us your data?
|Derecho||Contenido||Canales de atención|
|Acceso||Tienes derecho a obtener confirmación sobre si EOSOL está tratando tus datos personales.|
|Rectificación||Podrás modificar tus datos cuando sean inexactos.|
|Supresión||Podrás solicitar la supresión de tus datos.|
|Oposición||Podrás solicitar que se dejen de tratar tus datos.|
|Limitación del tratamiento||Podrás solicitar la limitación al tratamiento de tus datos cuando:|
– Mientras se comprueba la impugnación de la exactitud de tus datos.
– Cuando el tratamiento es ilícito y te opongas a la supresión de los datos.
– Cuando EOSOL no necesite tratar tus datos, pero tú los necesites para el ejercicio o la defensa de reclamaciones.
– Cuando te hayas opuesto al tratamiento de tus datos para la satisfacción de un interés legítimo de EOSOL, mientras se verifica si este interés prevalece sobre tus derechos y libertades.
Calle Camino de Labiano nº 45 A Bajo, 31192, Mutilva (Navarra)
|Portabilidad||Podrás recibir, en formato electrónico, los datos personales que nos hayas facilitado y aquellos que se hayan obtenido de tu relación contractual con EOSOL, así como a que los trasmitamos a otra entidad a tu elección.|
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent prior to its withdrawal.
The maximum time limit for a decision is one month from receipt of your request, which may be extended for a further two months depending on the number of requests received or the complexity of the same.
If you consider that your request has not been correctly dealt with, you may contact the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es) and file a complaint.
To exercise your rights, accompany your request with a copy of your DNI, NIE, Passport or other document proving your identity.
The exercise of these rights is free of charge.
These rights are characterised by the following:
- The exercise of these rights is free of charge, except in the case of manifestly unfounded or excessive requests (e.g. repetitive nature), in which case EOSOL may charge a fee proportional to the administrative costs incurred or refuse to act.
- You can exercise your rights directly or through your legal representative or volunteer.
- We must respond to your request within one month, although, taking into account the complexity and number of requests, the deadline may be extended by a further two months.
- We are obliged to inform you about the means of exercising these rights, which must be accessible and without being able to refuse you the exercise of the right on the sole ground that you choose another means. If the request is submitted electronically, the information will be provided by electronic means where possible, unless you ask us to do otherwise.
- If EOSOL does not act on the request, it will inform you, within one month at the latest, of the reasons for its failure to act and the possibility of complaining to a supervisory authority.
In order to facilitate the exercise of these rights, we provide you with links to the application form for each of the rights:
Form for exercising the right of access
Form for exercising the right of rectification
Form for exercising the right of opposition
Form for exercising the right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
Form for exercising the right to limit the processing of personal data
Form for exercising the right to portability
Form for exercising the right not to be subject to automated individual decisions
11. How do we protect your data?
At EOSOL we are committed to protecting your personal information. We use reasonably reliable and effective physical, organisational and technological measures, controls and procedures aimed at preserving the integrity and security of your data and guaranteeing your privacy.
In addition, all staff with access to personal data have been trained and are aware of their obligations in relation to the processing of your personal data.
All these security measures are regularly reviewed to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness.
However, absolute security cannot be guaranteed and no security system is impenetrable so, in the event that any information under our control and under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take appropriate steps to investigate the incident, notify the Supervisory Authority and, where appropriate, those users who may have been affected so that they can take appropriate action.
12. Commercial communications by electronic means
EOSOL informs you that it complies with Law 34/2002 of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce and does not engage in SPAM practices, and will therefore request your consent to the processing of your email address or mobile phone for commercial purposes at all times.
Last updated on 24 November 2021